Online Courses and Applications
- Russian Course On Duolingo
- Russian Lessons on RT – RT is controversial, but their course is really good
- Aprus is a service to learn Russian online in a funny and easy way (with audios, images and videos). Students can contact a teacher whenever they need and the first course is free.
- Grand Russian Dictionary – an application that is much more than just a dictionary. Almost each word in the dictionary comes with English translation, its grammatical forms (declensions for nouns and adjectives, conjugations for verbs), word usage and Russian definition. Download the app for Android here. iOs version is coming soon.
One-on-one Lessons and Tutors
Video Lessons On Youtube
- Amazing Russian – video instructions created by Olga Jarrell, Russian Language and ESL Instructor at Utah Valley University
- Russian Grammar – short videos on essential topics in Russian grammar, presented in a friendly, low-stress way; designed and presented by Dr. Curtis Ford.
- Staroe Radio – Old Soviet radio shows – now digitized. The project offers a free application (App Store, Google Play) that helps navigating the archive and plays the shows It’s a treasure box for learners of Russian – hours and hours of podcasting, and classy, impeccable pronunciation!
- Lib.ru – Maksim Moshkov’s Library, one of the first and the most popular online libraries. All the books are free for reading on the website, no download
- Aldebaran – free download (epub, fb2, rtf, mobi, pdf)
- Read Tolstoy online – all 90 volumes! Free download
- Russian Sci-Fi – free download, classic and contemporary writers
- Thank You. Ru – Music and books, “pay what you want” publishing platform for amateur and professional writers
- Russian Coach – a blog of a learner of Russian named Aslıhan, where she shares her experience in language learning, tips and tricks, and hand-picked educational materials.
- Learn The Russian Language – A collection of a articles with tips, tricks and useful resources for Russian learners.